From UofL General Peds
- Nutrition Education Materials from the Kentucky Division of Maternal and Child Health
- Cooking Matters
- Diana Pantalos, metabolic nutritionist at WCEC, has received a grant to offer grocery store tours to low income families at certain stores in downtown and west Louisville. Topics covered during the 1.5 hour tour include reading food labels, locating whole grain foods, and identifying different ways to buy produce. The tour ends with an opportunity for parents to take home $10 worth of healthy food that they select.
- To qualify: must be on WIC or have SNAP benefits, and children must be newborns to 5 years of age.
- To refer:
- Have general HIPPA form signed by the parent with release of information to Diana Pantalos
- Task Diana Pantalos in Allscripts
- KORT Physical Therapy POWR Program - 1-800-645-KORT
- Weight management (including nutrition) program provided as a part of physical therapy.
- May be covered by insurance. There is a $30 fee for the POWR binder, and continuation in the program after discharge from physical therapy is $10 weekly.
- Passport Score Program - 1-877-903-0082
- For kids age 2-17 with BMI >85%.
- To sign our Passport kids up, send a referral to Ashley Tindale
- Steve's Club Louisville - 502-235-5998
- Steve's Club Louisville is the local chapter of a national non-profit. They provide free CrossFit to at risk and high risk youth.
- Contact is Nicole Harp
- Located at Break the Mold Crossfit: 3212 Commerce Center Pl., Louisville, KY 40211 (West End)
- YMCA Actively Changing Together (ACT!) - 502-587-2112
- A 12-week program for youth 8-14 years and their families promoting healthy nutrition, activity and lifestyles.
- Participants receive a 3 month YMCA membership.
- The previous year-long YMCA program for obesity seems to no longer be active.