From UofL General Peds
- Go to Dare to Care
- Click the Need Food? option in the upper right hand corner.
- Type in the patient's address or zip code, and the list of local resources will populate.
- Print this page for the family
- No need for referral or to obtain consent.
- You can also hand out flyers for New Roots and other community resources.
- Use Z59.4 for positive screen.
- Food Stamps a.k.a. SNAP Benefits - 1-855-306-8959
- Application process is similar to Medicaid: start application online, worker will contact family to complete process.
- You can also apply for Kentucky Medicaid at the L&N Building at 908 W. Broadway
- You can also apply for SNAP Benefits at every Neighborhood Place location
- Dare to Care Food Program - 502-966-3821
- Provides food through many partner organizations. Parents can call Dare to Care, who will help them find a pantry close by. There is an annual limit at each organization, but using up your limit at one site does not prevent you from going to another site.
- Dare to Care also has "Kids Cafés" that provide free prepared meals for children.
- Franciscan Kitchen - 502-589-1134
- Serves lunch daily for the hungry
- JCPS Free and Reduced Lunch - 502-495-7080
- La Casita Center - 502-322-4036
- Support group for families with special needs children (in collaboration with Dr. Nota and the Commission)
- Provide a wide range of resources for families including food bank, clothes bank, legal resources, and parenting classes
- Provide services in Spanish, but also have a worker who is fluent in some of the dialects spoken in Guatemala and other Central America countries
- New Roots - 502-509-6770
- WIC - 502-574-6676